IASA is the International Association of Software Architects. It is a global community, which organises events around the world, runs a very good architecture certification programme, and has an extensive ‘Architecture Book of Knowledge.’ (Check out the IASA website for more information.)
IASA’s founder, Paul Preiss, interviewed me on software architecture when he was in London last November. We covered a wide range of topics including:
- How I first got into architecture
- Sybase’s innovative architecture programme
- Our Software Systems Architecture book
- What does an architect actually do?
- Professional development for architects
- Future directions for software architecture
- Why I still love being a software architect.
You can find the interview here.